Sectors: Citizenship, Justice - Security, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Balkans, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Balkans : Macedonia
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The objective is to encourage and accelerate media reform, consolidate European standards focusing on media protection, professionalism and independence, improve the implementation of the media legislation by creating an environment for freedom of media, as well as to promote effective competition on the media market.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To increase the efficiency of existing regulatory mechanisms in the media sector
– To ensure respect for the code of ethics
– To improve the profile of the media community and industry
– To improve implementation of European standards in the area of freedom of media and freedom of expression and increase public awareness about the issues related to media freedom protection and the importance of competition rules for proper functioning of the media markets
– To build the skills of journalists and of editors regarding the new media environment and new media policies
– To improve the delineation of the competences among the different regulatory bodies to ensure functioning of the Media Ethics Council and to improve the quality of the Public Service Broadcaster
Among financed actions
– Advice and coaching sessions
– Tailor made training programme
– Seminars, workshops and conferences
– Study visit
– Legal acts, Guidelines, Manuals, procedures