Sectors: Co-op & Development, Enlargement, Justice - Security, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Training centres
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to enhance the accountability, efficiency, effectiveness and public confidence of the Turkish National Police, Gendarmerie and Coast Guard in the discharge of their responsibilities in respect of the enforcement of law in accordance with democratic principles and having regard for the Human Rights of all citizens.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To implement the primary legislation with regards a new independent complaints system for the Turkish National Police, Gendarmerie and Coast Guard.
– To start full operations of the new complaints system and consolidate the system via a start-up (first year) business plan and 3-5 year strategic plan
Among financed actions
– Operating Procedures and Secondary Legislation
– Benchmarking and testing the new system
– Identify the key stakeholders in police complaints for long-term systematic engagement
– Raise awareness with widest possible stakeholders
– Develop and implement a 3-5 year Strategic Plan