Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Mediterranean countries: Turkey
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to modernize customs legislation and practice in line with the EU standards for proper and effective implementation of the Union Customs Code (former Modernized Customs Code).
Priorities and funded actions:
– To enhance administrative and technical capacity of customs laboratories
– Training laboratory staff in terms of both using modern instruments to determine accurate and common tariff positions and controlling goods more effectively to fight against smuggling and frauds
– Increasing analysis capacity including alignment with procedures and working methods used by EU members’ customs laboratories and co-operation with EU customs laboratories and/or with other analytical institution inside and outside the country
– Enhancing quality management system according to ISO/IEC 17025 reference standard for customs laboratories.
– Improving LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) and starting to be used by the Turkish Customs Laboratories and harmonized with the EU customs laboratories
Among financed activities
– Gap and Need analysis for the organizational structure, legislation, work flow and operational process
– Assessment of goods which come to laboratory such as food, textile, polymer, metal and petroleum
– Gap and need analysis of common analytical methods and tariff classifications of the goods in all Turkish customs laboratories
– Assessment of EU applications and regulations about goods sampling (included witness sample), handling, transferring and storing
– Determination of common methods for METAL products, organization of workshop and discussions on tariff classifications of goods for METAL products, and to conduct analysis of risk groups for METAL products
– Trainings on method validation and uncertainty measurements
– Training on internal audit according to ISO/IEC 17025 reference standard
– Preparation of a final report at the end of the project