Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Enlargement, Health, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Candidate country: Macedonia
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims at getting Macedonia to obtain functional market economy and the capacity to cope with competitiveness in the EU market while maintaining the consumer protection and achieving high food safety standards.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To improve the capacity of the competent Macedonian authorities for food safety, veterinary and phytosanitary policy for implementation of EU Acquis
– To provide support to the authorities responsible for the food safety, veterinary and phytosanitary policy to further strengthen their capacities for efficient functioning
– To support Macedonia in implementing the Article 100 of the Stabilisation and Association Agreement on gradual harmonisation of veterinary and phytosanitary legislation with Community standards
– Align the Macedonian legislation on veterinary and phytosanitary policy with the EU requirements in this field
– Further align the Macedonian health control systems with EU legislative and institutional requirements and the contingency plans for notifiable diseases
– Assess the compliance of Macedonian agri-food establishments with EU requirements, which will serve as a basis for a future upgrading plan of those establishments
– Establish a properly staffed plant health authority in Macedonia
– Further align the phytosanitary legislation of Macedonia with the EU acquis
– Adopt and implement a plan for upgrading the agri-food establishments of Macedonia
Among financed actions
– Advice and coaching sessions on drafting new legal acts or amendment to the existing legislation of Macedonia
– Sharing of experience
– Tailor-made training programme on improving the capacities of the competent authorities of Macedonia in the area food, veterinary and phytosanitary policy
– On-the-job training
– Seminar, workshops and conference
– Drafting of legal acts, guidelines, manuals, procedures and check-list
– Elaboration of various inspection procedures, monitoring procedures, methodology for data processing, analysis and risk assessment
– Study visits for representatives of the beneficiary institution to a Member State for exchange of good practices and experience
– Assessment of every activity carried out within the programme