Sectors: Co-op & Development, Economy - Finances, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Trade
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities, Training centres
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Candidate countries: Albania
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to a more secure trade in the framework of the Copenhagen criteria, through support on modernization of Albanian Customs Administration, based on EU standards.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To align Customs Transit legislation and procedures with the EU acquis
– To assist the Albanian Customs Administration in strengthening its administrative capacity in line with the EU Customs blueprints, in the field of Customs transit
– To strengthen technical and operational capacities in enforcement and intelligence
– Enhancing the cooperation between relevant bodies and government institutions responsible for economic and fiscal policies as well as improve the reporting of these institutions
– Strengthening of the values of good governance
– Increasing the standards of customs structures, to put them at the community service, in fighting against smuggling, corruption, monopolies, and clientele practices and in creating of a favourite and competing climate for business
Among financed actions
– Support Albanian Customs Administration to implement the conclusions and recommendations provided in the DG TAXUD Report of the Mission to Albania Customs “Report of the 2014 IT and TAXUD mission to the Albanian Customs Administration”, 8-12 September 2014
– Ensure continuity of the work commenced with the twinning Project under IPA 2008 annual programme: “Support to the alignment of Customs Procedures with EU Standards”