Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Public Management, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Balkans, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective of the project is to support the justice sector institutions in consolidation of the rule of law by strengthening their capacities and by assisting in alignment of national law with EU acquis and key human rights instruments of the Council of Europe.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Strengthening the capacities of the Ministry of Justice in the EU pre and post accession process and alignment with the EU acquis regarding negotiation chapters, particular in the area of Judiciary and Fundamental Rights and Justice Freedom and Security
– Contributing towards strengthening knowledge and capacities of actors in the justice sector regarding the EU and European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) law, as well as the case-law of the Court of Justice of the European Union and the European Court of Human Rights in order to foster convergence of its national legal system with the EU and ECHR law
– Assessing the implementation of the strategy for the reform of the judicial system
– Supporting efficient, effective and modern operation of the Administrative Court
– Further strengthening of the institutional capacities of the Academy for Training of Judges and Prosecutors
– Implementing Juvenile Justice Reforms
– Supporting efficient prevention and fight against corruption
Among financed actions
– Advice and coaching sessions
– Facilitation of inter-agency and inter-sectoral coordination and cooperation
– Tailor made training programme
– Manuals, procedures and check-lists
– Study visits
– Awareness raising