Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Enlargement, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Training centres
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective of this twinning project is to reinforce the Turkish fisheries management system for the future implementation of the European Union Common Fisheries Policy (CFP).
Priorities and funded actions:
– To improve the legal and technical capacity for fisheries monitoring, control and surveillance (MCS)
– To develop more deterrent management measures to be implemented against illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing,
– To further improve the national fisheries (including inland fisheries and aquaculture) data collection system in Turkey in support of sustainable fisheries management
Among financed actions
– Review of current national legislation and technical framework regarding to fisheries MCS in accordance with the Common Fisheries Policy
– Raising awareness among fishers and other relevant stakeholders on importance of data collection for sustainable fisheries management
– Capacity building on statistical analysis in fisheries and aquaculture
– Organisation of workshop and advanced trainings for 300 staff from MoFAL, other ministries, institutions and NGOs
– Creation of a web page for the twinning Project activities to upload the training materials, the results of the workshops etc. to disseminate the Project affect further even after the completion of the Project