Sectors: Citizenship, Enlargement, Human Rights, Information, Justice - Security, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Balkans, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Balkans : Kosovo
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals aims to contribute to the Rule of Law in Kosovo by strengthening the independence, efficiency, quality and accountability of judiciary and prosecutorial system.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To increase the efficiency, transparency and the sustainability of the judicial system by improving the planning and implementation of judicial/prosecutorial reforms, and enhancing the effectiveness of Judicial and Prosecutorial Councils in Kosovo, including the Special Prosecutors Office in Kosovo
Among financed actions
– Improve the overall management capacities of both Councils
– Provide support to the Kosovo Judicial Council for the implementation and effective functioning of the National Criminal Record Database
– Establish mechanism to track and improve courts’ and prosecution offices’ performance
– Revise by laws in order to bring it in line with legislative changes and international standards