Sectors: Co-op & Development, Enlargement, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Candidate countries: Turkey
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The project aims at contributing to the “zero tolerance” approach of violation of human rights and to prevent violation of human rights derived from the lack of training and knowledge on public order management and crowd control by training Gendarmerie personnel.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To prevent the acts that may cause a violation of human rights by use of disproportionate force during the public order management and crowd control
– To train Gendarmerie General Command (GGC) personnel on this issue
– To develop institutional capacity of GGC on public order management and crowd control
– Establishing a sustainable training system on public order management crowd control
– Training of personnel Gendarmerie at different levels related to crowd control
Among financed actions
– Training by having seminars in basic and advance level
– Making the need analysis of the Gendarmerie General Command by taking into care of (Turkish National Police) TNP 2011-2013 project
– To prepare the concept of Crowd control in rural areas
– Experience share meetings and seminars will be held
– In (16) cities exercises and seminars will be held about legislations, tactics and technics in crowd control by trainers
– Creation of a website, dissemination activities