Sectors: Justice - Security, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities, Research centres
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Candidate countries: Turkey
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The main goal of the project is to develop technical structure and human resources of Turkey’s Law Enforcement Agencies and to improve current situation in accordance with the best practices of the European Union countries on crowd control.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To provide trainings for Turkish National Police (TNP) staff on the issue, to inform TNP staff on crisis and risk management and to instruct the staff about mass psychology
– To enhance the working procedures of Turkish National Police on Public Order Management and Crowd Control
– To set standards for the selection and assignment of staff who will be deployed in crowd control
Among financed actions
– Organization of a 3-day workshop regarding the situation analysis on institutional capacity in crowd control and crisis management, and preparation of a gap analysis and needs analysis in terms of institutional structure
– Formation of the selection criteria, psychomotor, skill and knowledge tests for the staff in charge of crowd control and crisis management
– Defining selection criteria of staff which will be employed in crowd control
– Defining professional standards, preparation of psychomotor, skill and knowledge tests
– Preparation of reports on job analysis and job definition
– Improvement of existing working conditions, especially in the field of working hours through proposals on flexible working hours, planning maximum working hours of crowd control forces