Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Justice - Security, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Candidate countries: Turkey
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to ensure that the judicial services are delivered completely and fairly to all the segments of the society by strengthening the legal aid system in compliance with the Article 6 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To establish a more effective, sustainable and satisfactory legal aid system in order to strengthen the right to a fair trial and access to justice
– Initiating the redaction of a review of the legal aid system
– Developing the capacity of all relevant stakeholders working within the free legal aid system
– Fostering access to justice and legal services for all
Among financed actions
– Analysis of the existing legal framework and implementation
– Comparative analysis of the EU best practices
– Preparation of a Strategy Plan in the light of the analysis studies conducted
– Drafting of necessary legal amendments and guidelines
– Public awareness