Sectors: Co-op & Development, Enlargement, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Public Management, Youth
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Balkans, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Candidate country: Serbia
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to Serbian’s efforts to harmonise national policies within the home affairs sector in line with EU standards and the acquis in the field of asylum and migration.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To improve capacity for implementation of asylum policies in line with international and EU standards concerning both, procedure and reception condition and to reduce number of unfounded asylum applications from Serbian nationals
– Result 1: Improved capacities of institutions dealing with issues of concern for asylum seekers, especially in the area of advanced interview techniques and advanced country of origin information research
– Result 2: Improved capacities of services providers in charge of unaccompanied minor asylum seekers
– Result 3: Timely and adequate integration support mechanisms for persons granted international protection in Serbia established
– Result 4: Legal framework aligned with EU law
– Result 5: Public informed on the rights, obligations and problems of asylum seekers in Serbia as well as Serbian potential asylum seekers in EU MS informed about concequences of free visa regime abuse and abuse of visa-free short stay in MS
Among financed activities
– To organize and conduct trainings for trainers
– Review the existing databases of foreigners whose intention to seek asylum has been recorded and prepare recommendations for improvement
– Development of manual for service providers dealing with Unaccompanied Minor Asylum Seekers
– Establishment of cooperation with the European Fundamental Rights Agency
– Preparation of necessary amendments on the Law on Asylum, bylaws and rules of procedures
– Intensify the information campaigns