Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Enlargement, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Training centres
Regions: Balkans, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective of this call for proposals is to contribute to Serbian’s efforts to harmonise national policies within the home affairs sector in line with EU standards and the acquis.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Strengthening law enforcement institutions’ (Criminal Police Directorate and Prosecutors office) capacities to investigate (police), lead investigations and prosecute organised crime (prosecutor’s office)
– Building capacity of investigation techniques in solving cases of crime (organised and others) by improvement of the efficiency and working conditions, of the physical-chemical and toxicological laboratories of the Ministry of the Interior in accordance with EU standards (ISO/IEC 17025:2006) and initiate the process of the Laboratory accreditation to EU standards
Among financed actions
– Conduct analysis of the operational capacities of the Criminal Police Directorate and Public Prosecutors Office and formulate recommendations for implementation as well as support their implementation in the form of procedures, revision of legislation and draft the document based on analysis and recommendations
– Prepare Training of Trainers programme and deliver trainings
– Prepare and implement a communication and awareness plan for the media professionals and the general public on the trafficking in human beings and combating of illicit weapons trafficking
– Conduct analysis of the existing capacities and prepare roadmap for laboratory accreditation in accordance with EU standards
– Compare different methods for the analysis of drugs, explosives and traces of fire, micro trace fibre and micro-marking paint and toxicological analysis and choosing the best suited