Sectors: Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Applicants and co-applicants must be established in the Member States of the European Union for ISF with the exception of Denmark and the United Kingdom (“Member States participating in the ISF Police instrument/Justice programme”)
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
ISF Police – Joint action against trafficking in human beings addressing the culture of impunity – 2020
Funds for: funding projects in the area of anti-trafficking action, in particular aimed at countering the culture of impunity for all perpetrators
Priorities and funded actions:
* Funding projects in the area of anti-trafficking action, in particular aimed at countering the culture of impunity for all perpetrators
* Prevention initiatives targeted specifically at countering the impunity for all actors involved in the trafficking chain: traffickers, exploiters, profit makers, users and abusers;
* Disrupting the financial business model of trafficking, following the money and untangling the trafficking chain
Among financed actions
* Measures, tools and methodologies aimed at intensifying investigations, including financial and intelligence-lead investigations, and prosecutions in the area of trafficking in human beings, ensuring tools for evidence gathering for increasing prosecutions and convictions;
* Improved cooperation through capacity building, and operational actions including joint investigations;
* Exchange of best practice and expertise regarding prosecutions and convictions in the area of trafficking in human beings, including in view of criminalising the use of services exacted from victims of trafficking in human beings;
* Trainings on trafficking in human beings targeted specifically for officials responsible for investigating and prosecuting the offences, taking into account the main identified patterns and tailored to develop skills and knowledge on specific forms of exploitation, and especially the changing modus operandi when it comes to sexual exploitation; as well as the specific profile of victims, with a focus on women, children and/or the Roma community
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: 24 months
– Be a public body or a non-profit-making private entity;
– Be transnational, i.e. involve at least two eligible entities established in two different Member States participating in the ISF Police instrument
* The actions must take place in eligible countries