Sectors: Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Administrations States
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Eligible countries: All EU Member States, with the exception of Denmark.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
ISFP – Call for proposals on the fight against corruption – 2020
Funds for: funding projects in the fight against corruption
Priorities and funded actions:
* supporting the fight against corruption in budgeting and public procurement at local levels, risk assessment and prevention of corruption in sectors with high corruption risks.
* Priority 1: Preventing corruption in high risk sectors, including by promoting tools for risk assessment and risk management and tools for civil oversight and investigative journalism and for assisting whistle-blowers with technical and legal aid;
* Priority 2: Assessing the impact of implemented anti-corruption measures;
* Priority 3: Enhancing the effectiveness of corruption prosecution, particularly as regards complex cross-border cases;
* Prority 4: Enhancing the crosslinks with the risks of organised crime infiltration in the public systems with corruption as enabling element;
* Prority 5: Implementing best practices across the EU.
Among financed actions
– Develop data and risk management tools that enable civil oversight in areas with high corruption risks and significant economic and social impact (public procurement, healthcare corruption, interaction between business and politics);
– Develop tools promoting an integrated approach to measuring progress in preventing, detecting, prosecuting and sanctioning corruption and to assessing impact of corruption and of anti-corruption measures;
– Develop practical tools that enable the prevention and prosecution of the use of financial and professional services for corruption and for laundering proceeds of complex corruption crimes with a cross-border dimension;
– Enhance communication, coordination and cooperation between enforcement authorities in Member States with other relevant authorities at national (inter alia audit institutions, tax and competition authorities, FIUs, financial institutions) and international level (e.g. Europol);
– Promote the implementation of best practices and data exchange at EU level;
– Study the impact that COVID-19 has had on four main pillars of the corruption system: judicial system, anti-corruption framework, freedom of media, checks and balances and other issues, so as to better orient policies in the future;
– Measure corruption and develop indicators.
* This call is an open call for proposals
* Inital duration of the action: 24 months
* Public bodies;
* Non-profit-making private entities;
* international organisations;
* Must be transnational, i.e. involve at least two eligible entities established in two different Member States participating in the ISF Police instrument