Sectors: Health, Innovation, New technologies, Research
Beneficiaries: Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Universities
Category: Call for proposals
Additional info regions:
* Worldwide: Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Luxemburg, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: JPND Scientific Advisory Board
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to establish JPND-sponsored expert working groups to enhance the use of existing longitudinal cohort studies for neurodegenerative disease (ND) research.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To establish best practice guidelines and/or methodological frameworks to overcome barriers to Neurodegenerative research in population studies and cohorts
– Assessing the presymptomatic stages of ND, where new methodological approaches, tools and measures are required
– Developing standards to support brain imaging, where guidelines are needed to frame future multimodal imaging approaches and perspectives in molecular imaging
– Measuring cognitive, behavioural and functional changes of relevance to ND progression and outcome, where a consensus on the methodologies to be used is needed
– Data handling, where the emergence of ‘omics’ technologies requires new approaches to data integration and the interrogation and accessibility of big data sets
Among financed actions
– Meetings and travels required to deliver the Working Groups’ objectives