Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Innovation, New technologies, Research, Transport
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
Additional info regions:
* Applicants from these countries are eligible: Belarus, Belgium, Germany, Malta, Norway, Poland, Romania, South Africa and Turkey.
* Applicants from other countries are eligible if they are funding their own participation.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
JPI Oceans – MARTERA CALL 2021
Funds for: strengthening the European Research Area (ERA) in maritime and marine technologies and blue growth. MarTERA is the result of collaboration between JPI Oceans and the former ERA-NET MARTEC
Priorities and funded actions:
* Develop research and innovation activities through broad and systematic cooperation in all areas of water transport, offshore activity, marine resources, maritime security, biotechnology, for the sustainable development of the maritime economy and the fishing industry, Aquaculture, etc.
* Coordinated actions in the marine industry to address challenges in a wide range of ocean-related sectors
* Priority 1: Environmentally friendly maritime technologies
* Priority 2: Innovative concepts for ships and offshore structures
* Priority 3: Automation, sensors, monitoring and observations
* Priority 4: Advanced manufacturing and production
* Priority 5: Safety and security
The proposed research and innovation project must be consistent with the scope and objectives of this call and with the thematic priorities of the associated national programmes of the involved countries/regions. National/regional priorities are described in the National Guidelines and can be further elaborated by the respective National Programme Managers (NPM).
Among financed actions
* fundamental research
* industrial research
* experimental development
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals.
* Initial duration of the action: 36 months
Consortia for transnational research projects :
– Project consortia consisting of at least two independent eligible legal entities from at least two different European Member States or associated countries as listed in section 3.2 can apply for funding. Legal entities from Belarus and South Africa are eligible for funding but consortia with Belarussian or South African partners must in addition have at least two independent eligible legal entities from at least two different European Member States or associated countries.
– The project proposals must involve industry partners. Depending on the national funding rules, not all types of entities are eligible in all countries/regions. The eligibility of each partner in a consortium should be assessed by checking the Matrix of Priority Areas and by contacting the National Programme Manager(s) (NPMs).
– The proposals should be balanced regarding work, budgets and national/regional origin of the involved partners.
– One entity has to act as coordinator of the consortium and is responsible for the submission of the proposal.
– There is no upper limit for the consortium size.
– Consortia may consist of as many partners as necessary to achieve the project objectives. Moreover, there is no upper limit for the number of partners from one country/region, unless stated otherwise in the National Guidelines.
– The eligibility of each applicant with respect to the national criteria stated in the National Guidelines of the country/region must be checked prior to submission of a pre-proposal or full proposal.