Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Environment, Innovation, Local development, Research
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Research centres, SMEs
Regions: European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
Additional info regions:
* Some EU members states: Croatia, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Portugal, Spain, Slovenia. It includes the Overseas Countries and Territories (OCT) linked to these Member States;
* Third Countries associated to Horizon 2020 (AC): Israel, Tunisia, and Turkey;
* Third Countries not associated to Horizon 2020 (TC), having concluded international agreements for scientific and technological cooperation setting out the terms and conditions of their participation in PRIMA: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Morocco
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
JPI PRIMA – Water Management – 2020
Funds for: implementing sustainable, integrated management of water resources in the Mediterranean, under climate change conditions
Priorities and funded actions:
* Facilitating the adaptation to the global change promoting the coordinated development and management of water, land and related resources;
* Maximizing economic and social welfare without compromising the sustainability of vital ecosystems;
* Developing and testing innovative demonstration cases on efficient and sustainable use of water, at pilot projects at various scales, from plot to basin;
* Integration of Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) and IWRM
* Developing and testing adaptation measures working under real conditions, involving stakeholders, and end-user groups, preferably at the river basin scale;
* Capacity development and participatory approaches, promoting coordination among various stakeholders and companies (explicitly involving SMEs), with frequent dialogues, training and advisory sessions to provide the support on designing and demonstrating real-life examples;
* Ensuring and demonstrating linkages among diverse water resources managers and users and their involvement from the beginning of the project
* Proposals might take into account and, where possible, the results of LIFE programme and H2020 Societal Challenge projects and among others, the Sustainable Water Integrated Management and Horizon 2020 Support Mechanism
Among financed actions
* Projects with a TRL between 6 and 7;
* Project falling under the ‘multi-actor approach’ ensuring cooperation between research centres, governments, regulators, users and providers, in the field of Integrated Water Resources Management;
* Innovative demonstration cases on efficient and sustainable use of water, at pilot projects at various scales, from plot to basin;
* New solutions enhancing the real integration of social and economic components of the IWRM as well as the environmental ones have to be developed and connected to existing simulation models assessing the impact of climate change
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated.
* Initial duration of the action: between 36 and 48 months
– Be a legal entity;
– Be an international European interest organization as defined in point (12) of Article 2(1) of Regulation (EU) No 1290/2013;
– Be an international organization (IO) or any legal entity established in countries not listed above as PS will be eligible for funding provided
* The action must be implemented in an eligible country