Sectors: Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU: except UK and Denmark
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to facilitate effective access to justice for all, including to promote and support the rights of victims of crime, while respecting the rights of the defence.
Priorities and funded actions:
– to contribute to the effective and coherent application of EU criminal law in the area of the rights of persons suspected or accused of crime and to the preparation of new EU action.
The main priority is the implementation and practical application of the following instruments:
– Directive 2010/64 on the right to interpretation and translation in criminal proceedings;
– Directive 2012/13 on the right to information in criminal proceedings;
– Directive 2013/48 on the right of access to a lawyer in criminal proceedings;
– Commission Recommendation C(2013) 8178/2 on safeguards for vulnerable persons suspected or accused in criminal proceedings
– Commission Recommendation C(2013) 8179/2 on the right to legal aid in criminal proceedings
– Directive on presumption of innocence
Among financed actions
– analytical activities, such as data collection and creation of data bases, surveys, research etc;
– mutual learning, exchange of good practices, development of working methods which may be transferable to other participating countries;
– exchange and provision of information and development of information tools;