Sectors: Citizenship, Culture - Media, Health, Information, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Training centres
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to co-finance one or more transnational projects that propose to develop documented on genital mutilation against women (FGM) web platform.
Priorities and funded actions:
– The professionals (working in Health, education, asylum and migration sector…) should furthermore be able to identify girls and women at risk of FGM. They should also know how to ensure girls’ and women’s protection and how to support victims effectively and respectfully
– To develop easily accessible information relevant to different groups needing immediate advice or general knowledge on FGM
– Developing a web-based knowledge platform on female genital mutilation (FGM),which will gather easily accessible information and support to professionals in contact of women and girls living with or at risk of FGM
– Contributing to the implementation of the directive on the rights of the victims of crime
– Preventing stigmatisation in the media of FGM victims
Among financed actions
– To developing cost-free, user-friendly, interactive, easy-accessible, online course modules. The course should consider available materials and trainings available in the official languages of the EU Member States where communities affected by FGM live (covering at least 10 of the most affected EU Member States)
– Country specific information pages : developing webpages with country specific information including relevant legislation (national legislation and EU legislation), prevalence, relevant organisations
– Maintenance of the online platform mentioned above