Sectors: Economy - Finances, Employment, Innovation, Local development, Research, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
KIC – EIT Raw Materials – KAVA Regional Innovation Scheme (RIS) and Internationalisation projects – 2020
Funds for: taking the optimal pathways to reinforce and expand activities in regions of strategic importance, taking into account synergies with the various raw materials actions.
Priorities and funded actions:
* Intervene in areas where there are opportunities to make an impact in line with our objectives and the overall aim of increasing the innovation level of RIS countries.
* Engage strong key partners from RIS regions or those having focus on and commitment to RIS regions to enable outreach to the local stakeholders. Engage the local stakeholders so that they benefit from being involved in KIC activities;
* Transfer the Knowledge Triangle Integration concept into RIS regions to contribute to increasing the innovation level and skills and capacity building;
* Carry out core KIC activities in innovation/upscaling and education with partners and external stakeholders in RIS regions;
* Grow KIC participation from non-partners (and potential partners) from RIS regions by securing a strong presence in the RIS countries (Hubs) and by targeted matchmaking & networking events.
Among financed actions
* Mobility programmes for students and professors;
* Study visits;
* Scientific and technical valorisation of the results;
* Technology transfer;
* Skills and capacity building in RIS countries;
* Support of local start-ups;
* Joint communication and networking events.
* This call for proposal is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the project: 12 to 48 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be a KIC Core or Associate Partners;
– The project consortium must include KIC partners from at least 2 sides of the knowledge triangle (education, research, industry/business – as defined in the Partner registration documentation);
– The project consortium must consist of a minimum of 3 KIC Core or Associate Partners, coming from a minimum of 2 different CLCs and/or a minimum of 2 different countries;
-Non-members are eligible to apply only if they submit an EIT RawMaterials e.V. membership application by 1 July 2019. Failure to apply for EIT RawMaterials membership by 1 July 2019 will result in their removal (including the requested funding) from the proposal. This provision does not apply to non-members that meet eligibility and selection criteria for RIS Task Partners;
– The project cannot have one partner (including its Linked Third Parties) as the Work Package leader in all Work Packages;
– In line with EIT requirements, all proposals must include a ‘Dissemination and Communication Plan’ Work Package, following the communications guidelines included in the document ‘Education Proposal: Guidance and Template for Complementary Information’
* The action must take place in the EU