Sectors: Environment, Innovation, New technologies, SME Policy
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for Proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
KIC – EIT Raw Materials – Start-Up and SME Booster Call – 2020
Funds for: supporting new businesses that contribute to the EIT RawMaterials vision to develop raw materials into a major strength for Europe
Priorities and funded actions:
* To enhance innovation in the raw materials sector by sharing knowledge, facilitating matchmaking activities, developing innovative technologies and supporting business creation;
* To provide established start-ups with support;
* To speed up a technology challenge resulting in a higher TRL, bringing the technology closer to the market;
* To accelerate market penetration by dedicating financial resources for a specific segment or target market;
* To facilitate product portfolio diversification, enabling product adaption or new product features to address a concrete market need
* Exploration and raw materials resource assessment;
* Mining in challenging environments;
* Increased resource efficiency in mineral and metallurgical processes;
* Recycling and material chain optimisation for End-of-Life products;
* Substitution of critical and toxic materials in products and for optimised performance;
* Design of products and services for the circular economy
* Among financed actions:
– Technologies and solutions for improved and new mineral exploration;
– Technologies and solutions for more efficient, safer and sustainable modern mining;
– Technologies and solutions for mineral and metal processing and for improved materials production;
– Technologies and solutions for materials supply from secondary sources and recycling;
– New technologies or services that make it possible to substitute or use lower quantities of critical or toxic materials in key industries;
– Solutions and business models implementing circular economy concepts
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: up to 12 months
– Be raw materials relevant start-up or spin-off companies at least registered at the time of application (registration certificate to be provided at the grant signature);
– Be raw materials innovation- and technology-related SMEs, willing to boost their business through the introduction of new and innovative products and/or services (started within less than 5 years, proven by patent number or other proof of the age of the innovation)
– Action must take place in countries partivipating in the KIC RawMaterials programme