Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Energy, Environment
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Corporations, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall aim of the EU Adaptation Strategy is to contribute to a more climate-resilient Europe.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To contribute to the development and implementation of Union policy on climate
– To improve the knowledge base for the development, assessment, monitoring,
evaluation and implementation of effective climate change adaptation actions
approach, and to enhance the capacity to apply that knowledge in practice
– To facilitate the development and implementation of integrated approaches
– To contribute to the development and demonstration of innovative climate change
adaptation technologies, systems, methods and instruments that are suitable for
being replicated, transferred or mainstreamed
– Cross-border management of floods, fostering collaborative agreements based on the EU Floods Directive
– Trans-boundary coastal management, with emphasis on densely populated deltas and coastal cities
– Mainstreaming adaptation into urban land use planning, building layouts and natural resources management
– Mountain and island areas, with emphasis on sustainable and resilient agricultural, forestry and tourism sectors
– Sustainable management of water; Combating desertification and forest fires in drought-prone areas
Among financed actions
* Type of projects: traditionnal projects including
– Best practice projects
– Demonstration projects
– Pilot projects
– Developing and implementing local adaptation strategies and action plans, such as those linked to the urban adaptation initiative
– Low emission projects contributing at the same time to climate mitigation and adaptation as well as nature conservation and biodiversity objectives in urban areas
– Developing and deploying innovative adaptation technologies in urban areas, including in the water, energy and construction sectors
– Promoting and developing green infrastructure in cities, including combating the urban heat island effect and/or controlling flood risks