Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Energy, Environment, Innovation, Transport
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Corporations, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to the transition towards a low emission and climate-resilient economy, in particular by testing and implementing new innovative approaches.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To contribute to the implementation and development of Union policy and legislation on climate change mitigation, including mainstreaming across policy areas, in particular by developing, testing and demonstrating policy or management approaches, best practices and solutions for climate change mitigation
– To improve the knowledge base for the development, assessment, monitoring, evaluation and implementation of effective climate change mitigation actions and measures and to enhance the capacity to apply that knowledge in practice
– To facilitate the development and implementation of integrated approaches, such as for climate change mitigation strategies and action plans, at local, regional or national level
– To contribute to the development and demonstration of innovative climate change mitigation technologies, systems, methods and instruments that are suitable for being replicated, transferred or mainstreamed
– Contribute to the development and implementation of Union climate-related policy and legislation in particular with regard to greenhouse gas monitoring and reporting, policies related to land use, land-use change and forestry, conservation of natural carbon sinks, energy/GHG intensive industrial production, the emissions trading system, Member States’ effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, carbon capture and storage, renewable energy, energy efficiency, transport and fuels, ozone layer protection and fluorinated gases
– Synergies between environmental and climate actions associated with agriculture, forests and soils (“green sector”), including their monitoring
Among financed actions
* Type of projects: traditionnal projects including
– pilot projects
– demonstration projects
– best practice projects
* Land use sector
– Projects addressing the development and implementation of landscape and land management strategies and practices which limit or reduce emissions
* Greenhouse gas accounting of land use
– Local, regional and cross-regional projects which facilitate the monitoring and accounting of carbon stocks and fluxes for land resource managers
– Projects which improve the monitoring and communication about the loss of grasslands, degradation of former and existing peat lands, etc.
* Sustainable use of solid biomass
– Projects which support the deployment of new approaches for producing, consuming and governing biomass in a sustainable way, with a transformational impact (i.e. a lasting behavioural change in the targeted sector or region)
– Projects which implement low emission farming practices with a transformational impact
– Projects which include carbon foot-printing or measurement (as a measure of sustainability and/or improvements in mitigation) in labelling and quality assurance schemes