Sectors: Citizenship, Environment, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Civil Society Organisations, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
Additional info regions:
EU member states
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
LIFE – Climate Change Mitigation – 2020
Funds for: contributing to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions the priority area of Climate Change Mitigation
Priorities and funded actions:
* To contribute to the implementation and development of Union policy and legislation on climate change mitigation, including mainstreaming across policy areas, in particular by developing, testing and demonstrating policy or management approaches, best practices and solutions for climate change mitigation;
* To improve the knowledge base for the development, assessment, monitoring, evaluation and implementation of effective climate change mitigation actions and measures and to enhance the capacity to apply that knowledge in practice;
* To facilitate the development and implementation of integrated approaches, such as for climate change mitigation strategies and action plans, at local, regional or national level;
* To contribute to the development and demonstration of innovative climate change mitigation technologies, systems, methods and instruments that are suitable for being replicated, transferred or mainstreamed
* Focus on renewable energy, energy efficiency, the emissions trading system, energy and greenhouse gas intensive industrial production, land use, agriculture and forestry, conservation and enhancement of natural carbon sinks;
* Focus on transport and fuels, fluorinated gases and ozone depleting substances, carbon capture and use, carbon capture and storage , efforts by all sectors of society and economy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions;
* Focus on behavioural change, and greenhouse gas monitoring and reporting
Among financed activities
* Actions link with Member States’ and regional/ local authorities’ efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the sectors not covered in the EU Emissions Trading System but covered by the Effort Sharing Decision (EU) 406/2009 and subsequent legislation20: transport and fuels, agriculture, construction (e.g. energy efficiency in buildings), land use, land-use change and forestry;
* Actions link with the development and implementation of greenhouse gas accounting and climate change mitigation in the land use sector;
* Actions link with the development of land management practices which have an impact on emissions and removals of emissions;
* Actions which enhance the functioning of the emissions trading system and which have an impact on energy and greenhouse gas intensive industrial production;
* Action link with fluorinated gases and ozone – depleting substances;
* Actions link with greenhouse gas monitoring and reporting by authorities
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. Only full project proposal will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: 2 to 5 years
– Be a legal person;
– Be a specific type of organisation such as: public bodies, private commercial organisations; private non-commercial oragnisations (including NGOs)