Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, SMEs, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
Additional info regions:
EU member states
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Funds for: contributing to the development and implementation of EU climate policy and legislation, including the European Climate Pact
Priorities and funded actions:
* To promote awareness raising on climate matters, including generating public and stakeholder support of Union policy making in the field of the climate, and to promote knowledge on sustainable development;
* To support communication, management, and dissemination of information in the field of the climate and to facilitate knowledge sharing on successful climate solutions and practice, including by developing cooperation platforms among stakeholders and training;
* To promote and contribute to more effective compliance with and enforcement of Union climate legislation, in particular by promoting the development and dissemination of best practices and policy approaches;
* To promote better climate governance by broadening stakeholder involvement, including NGOs, in consultation on and implementation of policy.
* Development and implementation of national 2030 climate and energy strategies and/or mid-century strategies;
* Incentivise behavioural change, mainstream emission reduction and resource efficiency actions in sectors;
* Assessment by authorities of the functioning of the EU Emission Trading System;
* Building capacities, raising awareness among end-users and the equipment distribution chain of fluorinated gases;
* Climate policy monitoring, assessment and ex-post evaluation;
* Best practices and awareness raising activities addressing adaptation needs
Amongst financed actions
* “Pilot projects” meaning projects that apply a technique or method that has not been applied or tested before, or elsewhere, and that offer potential environmental or climate advantages compared to current best practice and that can subsequently be applied on a larger scale to similar situations;
* “Demonstration projects” meaning projects that put into practice, test, evaluate and disseminate actions, methodologies or approaches that are new or unknown in the specific context of the project, such as the geographical, ecological and socio- economic context, and that could be applied elsewhere in similar circumstances;
* “Best practice projects” meaning projects that apply appropriate, cost-effective, state- of-the-art techniques, methods and approaches taking into account the specific context of the project;
* “Information, awareness and dissemination projects” meaning projects aimed at supporting communication, dissemination of information and awareness raising in the fields of the sub-programmes Environment and Climate Action
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: between 36 and 60 months advised
– Be a legal person;
– Be a specific type of organisation such as: public bodies, private commercial organisations; private non-commercial oragnisations (including NGOs)