Sectors: Environment, Innovation
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Projects under this call for proposals should support the implementation of the EU’s climate policy and prepare the EU for the climate action challenges in the coming years and decades.
Priorities and funded actions:
– to contribute to the development and implementation of Union policy on climate change adaptation, including mainstreaming across policy areas, in particular by developing, testing and demonstrating policy or management approaches, best practices and solutions for climate change adaptation, including, where appropriate, ecosystem-based approaches;
– to improve the knowledge base for the development, assessment, monitoring, evaluation and implementation of effective climate change adaptation actions and measures, prioritising, where appropriate, those applying an ecosystem-based approach, and to enhance the capacity to apply that knowledge in practice;
– to facilitate the development and implementation of integrated approaches, such as for climate change adaptation strategies and action plans, at local, regional or national level, prioritising, where appropriate, ecosystem-based approaches;
– to contribute to the development and demonstration of innovative climate change adaptation technologies, systems, methods and instruments that are suitable for being replicated, transferred or mainstreamed.
– cross-border management of floods, fostering collaborative agreements based on the EU Floods Directive;
– trans-boundary coastal management, with emphasis on densely populated deltas and coastal cities;
– mainstreaming adaptation into urban land use planning, building layouts and natural resources management;
– mountain and island areas, with emphasis on sustainable and resilient agricultural, forestry and tourism sectors;
– sustainable management of water; combating desertification and forest fires in drought-prone areas;
Among financed actions
– developing and implementing local adaptation and mitigation initiatives
– projects contributing at the same time to climate adaptation and mitigation (such as those linked to the ‘Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy’)_as well as nature conservation and biodiversity objectives in urban areas;
– developing and deploying innovative adaptation technologies in urban areas, including in the water, energy and construction sectors;
– promoting and developing green infrastructure in cities, including combating the urban heat island effect (through green roofs or networks of green space as ventilation areas), improving permeability of urban surfaces and/or controlling flood risks (through multi-use retention areas).