Sectors: Energy, Environment, Health
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Corporations, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, SMEs
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
LIFE – Environment – Environment and resource efficiency – 2020
Funds for: contributing to the implementation, updating and development of European Union environmental policy and legislation, including the integration of the environment into other policies, thereby contributing to sustainable development
Priorities and funded actions:
* To develop, test and demonstrate policy or management approaches, best practices and solutions to environmental challenges, and in support of resource efficiency- related policy and legislation, including the Roadmap to a Resource Efficient Europe;
* To improve the knowledge base for the development, implementation, assessment, monitoring and evaluation of Union environmental policy and legislation, and for the assessment and monitoring of the factors, pressures and responses that impact on the environment within and outside the Union
* Thematic priorities 1: Water, including the marine environment;
* Thematic priorities 2: Waste;
* Thematic priorities 3: Resource Efficiency, including soil and forests, and green and circular economy;
* Thematic priorities 4: Environment and Health, including chemicals and noise;
* Thematic priorities 5: Air quality and emissions, including urban environment
Among financed actions
* “Pilot projects” means projects that apply a technique or method that has not been applied or tested before, or elsewhere, and that offer potential environmental or climate advantages compared to current best practice and that can subsequently be applied on a larger scale to similar situations;
* “Demonstration projects” means projects that put into practice, test, evaluate and disseminate actions, methodologies or approaches that are new or unknown in the specific context of the project, such as the geographical, ecological, socio-economic context, and that could be applied elsewhere in similar circumstances;
* “Best practice projects” means projects that apply appropriate, cost-effective, state-of- the-art techniques, methods and approaches taking into account the specific context of the project;
* “Information, awareness and dissemination projects” means projects aimed at supporting communication, dissemination of information and awareness raising in the fields of the sub-programmes for Environment and Climate Action
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: between 3 to 5 years
– Be a legal person registered in the European Union;
– Be a public bodies, a private commercial organisations or a private non-commercial organisations (including NGOs)