Sectors: Energy, Environment, Health, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
Additional info regions:
EU Member States
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
LIFE – Environment – Nature and biodiversity – 2020
Funds for: aiming specifically at contributing to the development and implementation of EU policy and legislation in the area of nature and biodiversity
Priorities and funded actions:
* Contributing to the development and implementation of EU policy and legislation in the area of nature and biodiversity, in the Union Biodiversity Strategy to 202010, and the Birds and Habitats Directives;
* Supporting the further development, implementation and management of the Natura 2000 network;
* Improving the knowledge base for the development, implementation, assessment, monitoring and evaluation of EU nature and biodiversity policy and legislation, and for assessing and monitoring factors, pressures and responses that impact on nature and biodiversity
* Projects should be primarily focussed on nature conservation and/or on halting the loss of biodiversity and the degradation of ecosystem services;
* Nature: Activities for the implementation of the Birds and/or Habitats Directive;
* Biodiversity: Activities for the implementation of the Union Biodiversity Strategy to 2020
Among Financed actions
* Activities for the implementation of the Birds and/or Habitats Directives in particular: activities aimed at improving the conservation status of habitats and species, including marine habitat and species, and bird species, of Union interest, activities in support of the Natura 2000 network bio-geographical seminars, integrated approaches for the implementation of prioritised action frameworks;
* Activities for the implementation of the Union Biodiversity Strategy to 2020
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: between 36 and 62 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be a specific type of organisation such as: public bodies, private commercial organisations; private non-commercial oragnisations (including NGOs)