Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
LIFE Environmental Governance and Information at contributing to the development and implementation of EU environmental policy and legislation.
Priorities and funded actions:
– to promote awareness raising on environmental matters, including generating public and stakeholder support of Union policy-making in the field of the environment, and to promote knowledge on sustainable development and new patterns for sustainable consumption
– to support communication, management, and dissemination of information in the field of the environment, and to facilitate knowledge sharing on successful environmental solutions and practice, including by developing cooperation platforms among stakeholders and training
– to promote and contribute to more effective compliance with and enforcement of Union environmental legislation, in particular by promoting the development and dissemination of best practices and policy approaches
– to promote better environmental governance by broadening stakeholder involvement, including NGOs, in consultation on and implementation of policy
– information, communication and awareness raising campaigns in line with the priorities of the 7th Environment Action Programme
– activities in support of effective control process as well as measures to promote compliance in relation to Union environmental legislation, and in support of information systems and information tools on the implementation of Union environmental legislation.