Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
LIFE Biodiversity projects must contribute to implementing the EU Biodiversity Strategy to 2020 targets and actions, with a view to achieving the objectives of the 2020 headline target of “halting the loss of biodiversity and the degradation of ecosystem services in the EU by 2020, and restoring them in so far as feasible, while stepping up the EU contribution to averting global biodiversity loss”, other than those already covered by LIFE Nature.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Integration of actions to maintain and enhance ecosystems and their services into the activities of the public or private sectors, by establishing Green as well as Blue Infrastructure and restoring degraded ecosystems
– Implementation of actions targeting Invasive Alien Species
– mapping and assessing (including valuation) of ecosystems and their services to contribute to a priority setting for restoration, Green Infrastructure or No Net Loss;
– restoring ecosystems and their services by applying the Restoration Priority Framework
– developing methodologies for valuation of and payment for ecosystem services (including tangible and intangible services)
– innovative management schemes addressing, in particular, water related ecosystem services, which could provide potential funding mechanisms to achieve the Biodiversity Strategy targets and contribute to aims of the Water Framework Directive and the Floods Directive
– preventing the introduction of invasive alien species, in particular by tackling pathways of unintentional introduction
– establishing an early warning and rapid response system
– eradicating or controlling established invasive alien species on an appropriate spatial scale.