Sectors: Employment, Information, New technologies, Public Management, Telecommunications
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Corporations, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Notice of Open Competition
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Personnel Selection Office
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The purpose of this competition is to draw up reserve lists from which to fill vacant posts for officials in the institutions of the European Union in the field of Information and Communication Technologies
Priorities and funded actions:
The officials recruited following the competition will perform assistants’ duties such as:
– Translating business needs into IT solutions, drafting business cases to assist decision-making.
– Organising, setting up, and/or monitoring operational services in one of these fields (with or without partial outsourcing), in particular preparing reports and dashboards to monitor activities in line with requirements and drafting documentation for managing change and infrastructure development projects.
– Supervising outside contractors, including drawing up work plans, monitoring contracts, handling reception and acceptance procedures and the associated invoicing
– Devising tests and/or validating technical solutions
– Managing IT project/service teams and contracts
– Preparing memos, reports, and presentations
Fields in which duties are to be carried out
The official recruited following the competition will perform duties in one of the following fields:
– Field 1 — Information systems (57 candidates to be selected)
– Field 2 — Information systems security (21 candidates to be selected)
– Field 3 — Networks and telecommunications (18 candidates to be selected)
– Field 4 — Office IT infrastructure and data centre (44 candidates to be selected)
– Field 5 — Web (11 candidates to be selected)
– Applicants must be citizens of the Member States of the European Union
– Applicants must have a post-secondary education diploma in the field of Information and Communication Technologies, followed by at least 3 years’ experience in the candidate’s chosen field
– Applicants must have a thorough knowledge of one of the official langages of the European Union as first language, and a satisfactory knowledge of English, French or German as second langage. The first langage must be different from the second langage