Sectors: Environment, Local development, Public Management, Services, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union, Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Latin America: Bolivia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims at reducing poverty in the context of sustainable development, including the pursuit of the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
Priorities and funded actions:
– Strengthen the capacities of civil society and associations, facilitating their participation in defining and implementing strategies for poverty reduction and sustainable development
– Facilitate multi-stakeholder and multi-actor dialogue and the interaction between government at all levels (including local authorities) and Non-state actors
– Initiatives for the poor, results of previous experience in local economic development, to facilitate productivity, competitiveness and sustainability of production complexes
– Initiatives in the context of the overall approach to local economic development to encourage the participation of different actors (producers, companies, cooperatives, local communities, etc.)
Among financed actions
– Seminars dialogue between Non-state actors and local authorities
– Support for the implementation of the production infrastructure through the purchase of equipment and the rehabilitation of production environments (collection centers, processing plants on a small scale, etc.)
– Events and communication coordination among stakeholders
– Activities to increase the supply of local services to micro and small businesses and give them leadership skills that enable business growth and sustainability
– Training in the use of technology and access to appropriate markets