Sectors: Citizenship, Education - Training, Health, Information, Justice - Security, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Universities
Regions: Asia, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to strengthen civil society and to enhance the participation of LA and Associations of LA (ALA) in Cambodia as a pre-condition for a more equitable, open and democratic society.
Priorities and funded actions:
This call for proposals is divided in two lots
– LOT 1 for NSA (2 000 000 euro)
– LOT 2 for LA (900 000 euro)
– To promote, facilitate and support Non-State Actors and Local Authorities’ contribution to the Cambodia National Strategic Development Plan, the Cambodian Millennium Development Goals and the National Programme for Democratic Development
– Strengthening the capacity of Non State Actors by developing partnerships with Local Authorities aimed at further supporting the integration of service delivery into national systems, strengthening existing local dispute resolution mechanism while further promoting and articulating citizens’ concerns and enhancing the independence of the media
– Enhancing the capacity of local authorities to execute their institutional mandate, i.e. promote participation, effectively coordinate local development, and increase transparency and accountability in the delivery of public services
Among financed actions
* LOT 1:
– Actions supporting non formal education, early childhood education, the scaling up of nutrition programmes in community-based pre-schools in remote provinces
– Actions supporting national and local existing dispute mechanisms which aim to provide social justice through a focus on land and the sustainable management of natural resources
– Actions promoting independent, professional and responsible forms of media
– Actions enhancing the ability of local authorities to execute their institutional mandate through strengthening their capacity to promote participation, effectively coordinate local development and increase transparency and accountability in the delivery of public services