Sectors: Education - Training, Information, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Asia, European Economic Area, European Union, Gulf countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Asia : Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
Gulf countries : Islamic Republic of Iran
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to reduce poverty in the context of sustainable development, including the pursuit of the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) and other internationally agreed targets.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support NSAs in the Islamic Republic of Iran or in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea whose operations are aiming at promoting an inclusive and empowered society in partner countries
– To help populations out of reach of mainstream services and resources and excluded from policy making processes
– To strengthen the capacity of civil society organisations in partner countries, with a view to implementing actions aiming at poverty reduction
– Building the institutional capacity and sustainability of NSA to better achieve their mandate
– Raising awareness and understanding of cross cutting issues such as rights of children, women, refugees, religious minorities, and elderly people
– A more efficient cooperation, fostering synergies and facilitating a structured dialogue between civil society networks as well as between the civil society and the policy-making process
This call is divided in 2 lots
– LOT 1: Islamic Republic of Iran (Iran) (1 500 000 euro)
– LOT 2: Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) (500 000 euro)
Among financed actions
– Innovative approaches of NSA in the provision of social and other services with a view to ensure sustainable development
– Institutional and technical support (internal governance, dialogue, strengthening of implementation and networking capacities etc.)
– Awareness-raising and policy research (data gathering, strategy development, etc.) aimed at a better formulation, implementation and evaluation of development policies at all levels (local, national and, whenever possible, regional)