Sectors: Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Universities
Regions: European Union, Gulf countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Gulf countries: Yemen
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call of proposal aims to reduce poverty in the context of sustainable development, including pursuit of the Millennium Development goals (MDG) and other agreed targets by further supporting initiatives of local non state-actors aimed at community development.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen partnerships between NSAs and Local Authorities to fulfil the basic needs of local communities and the most vulnerable groups
– Support multi-actors local coordination mechanisms by strengthening local NSA’s capacities to participate in local community plans and activities with the ultimate aim to improve representative and inclusive local governance
– Support to vulnerable groups through improving social integration, economic empowerment and basic service delivery within their broader communities
Among financed actions
– Actions empowering marginalised and vulnerable groups to voice their demands
– Actions supporting communities to organise themselves and address local challenges
– Dissemination of best practice
– Collection of data and research-based advocacy
– Awareness raising and public communication activities