Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Health, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to improve food and nutrition security of poor and very poor people in Senegal.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To facilitate the access to food in rural areas and integrate nutrition in the agriculture
– Support for agricultural initiatives which increase food availability
– Support to initiatives which increase the consumption of nutritious foods among poor people in rural areas
– Promoting and raising awareness of the diversity of foods consumed among poor people in rural areas
– Reinforcing the capacity building of state and non-state actors in advocacy and communication on food and nutrition security
Among financed actions
– Provision of cereal and vegetable seeds adapted to the agroecological conditions of the areas involved
– Actions aiming at supporting the capacity building of producers on specific topics in order to improve their agricultural production
– Strengthening the promotion of local products through processing and / or storage
– Awareness of adequate nutritional practices among poor households with children under 3 years
– Organisation of training sessions on nutrition for non-state actors, agricultural extension workers, health services, local authorities
– Advocacy on food and nutrition security among local decision makers
– Communication activities in order to create the link between local production and consumption of food nutrients
– Research and promotion of promising sectors for nutrition