Sectors: Environment, Local development, Public Management, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to develop the capacity-building of municipalities of Senegal in the field of the environment in order to improve the quality of people’s lives.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To reduce pollution and nuisances to the benefit of people by strengthening the skills and capabilities of municipalities
– Improvement of the participatory management of household waste in a sustainable way
– Improvement of the management of stormwater and/or sewages in particularly by implementing small water waste facilities systems
– Implementation of a monitoring of environmental parameters in areas likely to be heavily contaminated and implementation of an initiative against the causes and consequences of this pollution
Among financed actions
– Actions reducing in a sustainably way pollution and nuisances in the territory of the receiving municipality
– Studies on the local context, the environment, the field, the issues, the results and the impacts of the project
– Expertise and advices
– Encouragement, mobilization, awareness and training actions
– Communication and dissemination actions
– Actions promoting, establishing, strengthening partnerships and networks among municipalities, among LA and NSA
– Actions relating to the internal project monitoring, evaluation, measurement of results and impact
– Execution of odd jobs or accommodations if strictly necessary
– Valorisation of results and exchange of good practices