Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Local development, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Asia, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Asia : Laos
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to the achievement of a sustainable, participatory and equitable development in the Uplands of Lao PDR.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Improving livelihoods of the rural poor in selected areas of the Lao PDR Uplands
– Making the rural communities benefit from better conditions for agriculture and natural resources management
– Contributing to increase the Lao Government strategies in the Uplands based on thoroughly documented policy work
Among financed actions
– Use of various multi-sectoral investments and activities (e.g. food diversification, interactive nutrition education and awareness activities, specific farming enterprises like bee keeping etc, commercial growing of Non-Timber Food Products (NTFPs), fruit trees, veterinary services, seeds improvement and supply, access to finance, livestock, fish raising, small-scale irrigation and rural infrastructure
– Improve awareness and strategic programming and management skills of government at provincial and district levels on the importance and opportunities of food and nutrition security as well as environment preservation
– Dissemination of results, public and government awareness raising, training of Laotian government