Sectors: Citizenship, Human Rights, Local development, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
PAII-T – Strengthening of Civil Society Organisations in Tunisia – 2019
Funds for: developing the capacities of Tunisian CSOs through innovative financing and support mechanisms, in order to improve their role as actors of economic and social development at the local level and the impact of their actions
Priorities and funded actions:
* Consolidate the role of civil society as an actor contributing to the construction of the rule of law and as a development actor in the country;
* Strengthen the role of civil society associations through support, training and coaching activities on the themes that will be defined according to local, regional and national priorities;
* Enable civil society associations to fulfil their mandates through innovative and differentiated support and financing mechanisms
* Consolidate the role of CSOs in the country’s development process and support them to develop visions and intervention strategies;
* Establish mechanisms to support CSOs in all regions of the country to improve their internal governance by complying with existing laws and regulations, mechanisms to network at the local, regional or national level and to strengthen their knowledge and control of the priorities they are interested in, ensuring that women and youth of both sexes also have opportunities to access decision-making and leadership positions;
* Consolidate the construction of public space through a multi-stakeholder approach to promote the involvement of local public actors in local territorial dynamics, build trusting relationships between CSOs and public actors and develop spaces for dialogue and consultation, ensuring that CSOs working for women’s rights, gender equity and diversity are included on an equal footing;
* Consolidate citizen participation, especially of young people of both sexes, and women, in the dissemination of human values and the development of democratic practices and the promotion of rights allowing the integration and implementation of mechanisms for complementarity between representative democracy and participatory democracy as well as the promotion of equality and the fight against all forms of discrimination;
* Set up innovative and differentiated financing tools for associations, including through financial support to third parties (which will represent at least 55% of the action’s budget), which will make it possible to go beyond the project approach. In this context, the research and experimentation of financial tools that favour the progress of the actor rather than the implementation of the action should be continued. A differentiated approach according to the different types of CSOs and the specificities related to geographical variables, size, vocation and mission of associations will be adopted
Among financed actions
* Training, capacity building, mentoring, knowledge transfer, coaching;
* Improvement of organizational procedures and processes;
* Strengthening of networks and coalitions;
* Dialogue, consultation and consultation activities between civil society organizations and State actors;
* Joint activities with public institutions and/or local authorities;
* Publication of manuals, communication tools;
* Development activities, participation in the development of local plans
* Advocacy and research activities, information collection to strengthen advocacy
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action : between 48 and 60 months
– Be a legal entity;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be an NGO;
– Be established in Tunisia or in an EU Member State or in an eligible country
* The action must take place in Tunisia