Sectors: Economy - Finances, Justice - Security, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The general objective of the ‘Pericles 2020’ programme is to prevent and combat counterfeiting and related fraud, thus enhancing the competiveness of the Union’s economy and securing the sustainability of public finances
Priorities and funded actions:
– To protect euro banknotes and coins against counterfeiting and related fraud
– To support and supplement the measures undertaken by the Member States
– To assist the competent national and Union authorities in their efforts to develop
– A close and regular cooperation and an exchange of best practice, including third countries and international organisations
– Supporting activities aimed at improving cooperation among those Member States
which are particularly affected by the production and distribution of counterfeits
– Fostering cooperation with authorities of those third countries where there is suspicion
of or evidence for counterfeit euro production
– Maintaining an efficient framework for the protection of the euro in South Eastern Europe
– New developments: security features or authentication methods, the distribution of
counterfeits and raw materials on the internet and the involvement of Member States’
customs authorities in the fight against currency counterfeiting.
Among financed actions
– Exchange and dissemination of information