Sectors: Citizenship, Justice - Security, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Corporations, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The general objective of the ‘Pericles 2020’ programme is to prevent and combat counterfeiting and related fraud, thus enhancing the competiveness of the Union’s economy and securing the sustainability of public finances.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To protect euro banknotes and coins against counterfeiting and related fraud, by supporting and supplementing the measures undertaken by the Member States and assisting the competent national and Union authorities in their efforts to develop among themselves, together with the Commission, a close and regular cooperation and an exchange of best practice, including third countries and international organisations when appropriate.
– Supporting activities aimed at improving cooperation among those Member States which are particularly affected by the production or distribution of counterfeits;
– Fostering cooperation with authorities of those third countries where there is suspicion of or evidence for counterfeit euro production;
– Maintaining an efficient framework for the protection of the euro in South Eastern Europe.
Among financed actions
– Methodologies for monitoring and analysing the economic and financial impact of counterfeiting;
– Operation of databases and early warning systems;
– Use of detection tools with computer back-up;
– Enquiry and investigation methods;
– Any appropriate measure which establishes teaching resources at Union level, such as a handbook of Union legislation, information bulletins, practical manuals, glossaries and lexicons, databases, especially in the area of scientific assistance or technology watch or computer support applications, such as software;
– Relevant studies with a multidisciplinary and transnational dimension
– Development of technical support instruments and methods to facilitate detection actions at Union level.