Sectors: Economy - Finances, Education - Training, Justice - Security, Public Management, Research
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Banks, Corporations, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, SMEs
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
Additional info regions:
European Union: Member States having adopted the euro as their single currency
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to implement the Pericles 2020 programme. The objective of this programme is to prevent and to combat counterfeiting and related fraud, thus enhancing the competitiveness of the Union’s economy and securing the sustainability of public finances.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To protect euro banknotes and coins against counterfeiting and related fraud, by supporting and supplementing the measures undertaken by the Member States and assisting the competent national and Union authorities in their efforts to develop among themselves, together with the Commission, a close and regular cooperation and an exchange of best practice, including third countries and international organisations when appropriate
– Increasing emphasis on Member States, which are particularly affected by the production and distribution of counterfeits
– Strengthening the framework for the protection of the euro in South Eastern Europe (Balkans) and the candidate country Turkey
– A continuation of the programme relating to South America
– Consolidation of regional cooperation in the Mediterranean region with particular emphasis on the involvement of Maghreb, Italy and France
– Raising awareness in the Black Sea region
– Maintaining region cooperation in North Eastern European
Among financed actions
– Exchange and dissemination of information, in particular through organising workshops, meetings and seminars, including training, targeted placements and exchanges of staff of competent national authorities and other similar actions
– Technical, scientific and operational assistance (any appropriate measure which establishes teaching resources at Union level, development of technical support instruments…)
– Grants to finance the purchase of equipment to be used by specialised anti-counterfeiting authorities or third countries for protecting the euro against counterfeiting, whereby the purchase of equipment shall not be the sole component of the grant agreement