Sectors: Economy - Finances, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Banks, Corporations, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Beneficiaries shall be the Member States having adopted the euro as their single currency.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The general objective of the ‘Pericles 2020’ programme (the Programme) is to prevent and combat counterfeiting and related fraud, thus enhancing the competiveness of the Union’s economy and securing the sustainability of public finances.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To protect euro banknotes and coins against counterfeiting and related fraud, by supporting and supplementing the measures undertaken by the Member States and assisting the competent national and Union authorities in their efforts to develop among themselves, together with the Commission, a close and regular cooperation and an exchange of best practice, including third countries and international organisations when appropriate
– Increasing emphasis on Member States which are particularly affected by the production and distribution of counterfeits
– Maintaining an efficient framework for the protection of the euro in South Eastern Europe and the candidate country Turkey
– Developing closer cooperation with authorities of those third countries of which there is suspicion or evidence that they are the location of counterfeit euro production
– Reinforcing the protection of euro coins by developing new security features or authentication methods
– Exchange and dissemination of information, in particular through organising workshops, meetings and seminars, including training, targeted placements and exchanges of staff of competent national authorities and other similar actions
– Technical, scientific and operational assistance
– Grants to finance the purchase of equipment to be used by specialised anti-counterfeiting authorities of third countries for protecting the euro against counterfeiting, whereby the purchase of equipment shall not be the sole component of the grant agreement