Sectors: Economy - Finances, Education - Training, Justice - Security, SME Policy
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Banks, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Pericles programme – 2020
Funds for: staff exchanges, seminars, training sessions and studies for law enforcement and judicial authorities, banks and others involved in combating euro-counterfeiting
Priorities and funded actions:
* To prevent and combat counterfeiting and related fraud, thus enhancing the competitiveness of the Union’s economy and securing the sustainability of public finances;
* To protect euro banknotes and coins against counterfeiting and related fraud, by supporting and supplementing the measures undertaken by the Member States and assisting the competent national and Union authorities
* Supporting activities aimed at improving cooperation among those Member States which are particularly affected by the production and distribution of counterfeits;
* Fostering cooperation with authorities of those third countries where there is suspicion of or evidence of counterfeit euro production;
* Maintaining an efficient framework for protecting the euro in south eastern Europe;
* Topical developments: security features of euro coins, implementing Regulation (EU) No 1210/2010 ‘concerning authentication of euro coins and handling of euro coins unfit for circulation’, distribution of counterfeits and high quality components on the internet, and support for the establishment/reinforcement of the National Central Offices (NCO’s)
Among financed actions
* Exchange and dissemination of information, particularly through organising workshops, meetings and seminars, including training, targeted placements and exchanges of staff of competent national authorities and other similar actions;
* Technical, scientific and operational assistance;
* Purchase of equipment to be used by specialised anti-counterfeiting authorities of third countries to protect the euro against counterfeiting
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action:
– Applications presented by Monday 20 April 2020 must refer to projects to be implemented after 1 September 2020
– Applications presented by Monday 21 September 2020 must refer to projects to be implemented after 1 January 2021
– Be a relevant national authority:
> National law enforcement agencies, national central banks and issuing institutions and judicial authorities in the public sector
> Commercial banks, money exchange offices and the cash-operated industry in the private sector