Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Research
Beneficiaries: Media and cultural organisations, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Universities
Regions: Asia, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU member states and People’s Republic of China
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
PI – EU & China Think-Tank Exchanges – 2020
Funds for: strengthening and stimulate dialogues between EU and partner countries’ civil society organisations and academia in areas of common interest
Priorities and funded actions:
* Promoting structured exchanges and intellectual debate between influential European and Chinese think-tanks and academic institutions on topics of relevance for Europe, the European Union’s international role and the EU China Comprehensive Strategic Partnership
* Structured intellectual debates and academic exchanges with China on EU policies, values and principles are promoted;
* Support to Chinese studies in the EU is enhanced through regular think-tank exchanges on Chinese policies;
* EU positions on shared global concerns and challenges are pointed out and perception gaps on global and regional issues are identified and documented;
* EU policy makers are provided with qualified opinions and intellectual views on issues of key importance for the current and future EU China comprehensive strategic partnership
Among financed actions
* Create a dialogue on Europe with China;
* Allow think-tanks in Europe dealing with European affairs and think-tanks in Europe dealing with China affairs to exchange with respective Chinese experts on China affairs and Chinese experts on European affairs in China;
* Contribute to structured exchanges, enhanced dialogue and systematic collaboration between the European and Chinese think-tanks and academia;
* Must take into account geographic and thematic diversity within the EU and within China when gathering expertise for the action (considering experts of different thematic backgrounds coming from different EU Member States, regions, Chinese provinces and cities)
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: between 24 and 36 months
– Be a legal person
– Be established in a Member State of the European Union, the Peoples’ Republic of China or in an eligible country or territory as defined under the Regulation (EU) N°236/2014 establishing common rules and procedures for the implementation of the Union’s instruments for external action (CIR) for the applicable Instrument;
– Be a public or private think-tank, research institute or academic institution (including higher education institutions) that issues post-graduate and higher level degrees:
> Specialising in academic and/or research activities on European affairs;
> Specialising in academic and/or research activities on China affairs
* Actions must take place in P.R. of China and Member States of the European Union