Sectors: Justice - Security, New technologies, Telecommunications
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities, Training centres
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
PI – EU Cyber Diplomacy Support Initiative – 2021
Funds for: promoting and protect a single, open, free and secure cyberspace which fully reflects and respects the core EU values of democracy, human rights and the rule of law
Priorities and funded actions:
* Increased consensus in partner countries for open, free, and secure cyberspace, through the promotion of existing international law, norms of state behaviour and confidence building measures in cyber space and increase cyber resilience (Cyber consultations component)
* Greater convergence between partner countries and regional organisations standards, policies and best practices and those of the EU (Cooperation and Capacity Building Component)
* Raised awareness of the EU’s contribution to global cyber stability and resilience in partner countries
Priority 1: To enhance engagement and advocacy through regular dialogues and consultations with key global partners on cyber security topics of shared or converging interest;
Priority 2: To increase consensus with partner countries on how to apply existing international law in cyberspace;
Priority 3: To enhance development of cyber norms and confidence building measures;
Priority 4: To strengthen multi-stakeholder cyber engagement;
Priority 5: To enhance dissemination of EU best practices in strengthening cyber resilience and protecting critical cyber infrastructure.
Among financed actions
– Actions concerned only or mainly with individual sponsorships for participation in workshops, seminars, conferences and congresses;
– Actions concerned only or mainly with individual scholarships for studies or training courses;
– Construction or renovation of buildings or infrastructures.
* This call of proposals is an open call of proposals
*An information session will be held on : 14/01/2021, you can register to this session until 07/01/2021 to the following mail address: FPIemail@example.com
* Initial duration of the action: 36 months
*Be a legal person and
*Be non-profit-making and
*Be a specific type of organisation such as: think tanks, non-governmental organisation, research institutes or other civil society organisations, EU specialised agencies and regional and international (inter-governmental) organisation as defined by Article 156 of the EU Financial Regulation5, and
*Be established in6 a Member State of the EU or in an eligible country as defined under the Regulation (EU) No 236/2014 establishing common rules and procedures for the implementation of the Union’s instruments for external action (CIR) and Regulation (EU) No 234/2014 establishing a Partnership Instrument for cooperation with third countries 7,8 (section 2.1.4). This obligation does not apply to international organisations, and
*Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.