Sectors: Health, Human Rights, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Northern America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective is to increase ties, cooperation, and understanding between EU and US civil society groups through dialogue among a broad set of stakeholders on a wide range of issues in EU-US relations, complementing formal policy dialogue at government level.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To stimulate dialogue and cooperation between non-governmental organisations, associations, and interest groups, representing a wide range of constituencies in the EU and the US;
– To increase understanding of EU policies amongst relevant civil society audiences and multipliers from both the EU and US;
– To improve the feedback loop between policymakers and civil society actors in the EU and US
– Transatlantic Consumer Dialogue (LOT 1);
– Transatlantic Dialogue on Social Resilience, Violent Extremism, and the Role of Religion in Society (LOT 2);
– Transatlantic Dialogue on Energy Issues in the Context of Climate Change (LOT 3)
Among financed action
– Identification of consumers issues that benefit from transatlantic cooperation and sharing of experience to respond to common challenges (LOT 1);
– Assessment of efforts to address the challenges of violent extremism through social and community resilience and counter-narratives, including inter alia youth education, employment, intercultural dialogue (LOT 2) ;
– Organisation of events/meetings and development of an online platform that will convene relevant civil society an grassroots actors/groups from the EU and US and facilitate the exchange of knowledge, experience, and good practices in the fields of energy, low carbon economy, and climate action (LOT 3)