Sectors: Culture - Media, Education - Training, Information
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Universities
Regions: Northern America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective is to increase knowledge, understanding, and visibility of the EU and affinity for the EU-US relationship across a diverse array of local and regional communities in the United States.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Through the medium of culture and intercultural dialogue, to actively foster greater appreciation of the value, relevance, and importance of the EU for the US and also nurture greater affinity for the EU-US transatlantic partnership;
– To actively engage with a range of US audiences and regional communities around the country, particularly those in which the EU is little known, understood, and/or appreciated;
– To provide highly visible opportunities for the US to publicly and actively exhibit its support for the EU and the EU-US relationship
Among financed actions
– Intercultural dialogue programmes of a non-academic (in both content and audience) nature, including inter alia conferences, seminars, workshops, webinars, or talks that may feature expert researchers, policymakers, business representatives and EU/EU Member State representatives (minimum of 3 EU Member States);
– Competitions (e.g. essays, quizzes, paintings, EU simulations), presentations, or exhibitions;
– Training programmes and briefing sessions for local and regional representatives or multiplier groups who wish to become public advocates for the EU, or creation and mobilisation of similar such networks;