Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Employment, Information, Justice - Security, Local development, New technologies, Research, Services
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to contribute to the development of a secure, right-based international digital sphere, conducive to a level playing field in terms of market access and business opportunities for EU companies.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support effective cooperation for law enforcement purposes between the EU and the US
– More effective EU-U.S. Mutual Legal Assistance (MLA) procedures and swifter response times for EU requests to the U.S. through targeted exchange of experience and best practice, as well as training;
– Strengthened direct cooperation between law enforcement and U.S. based providers of electronic communications services, apps and online platforms for access to digital evidence
Among financed actions
– Outreach and knowledge exchange activities for targeted stakeholders on the application of MLA mechanisms and direct access to electronic evidence held by service providers in the US;
– Organisation and facilitation of meetings between EU law enforcement and judiciary and the relevant counterparts in the U.S., notably the U.S. Department of Justice and service providers;
– Creation of products that are re-usable for a larger audience, such as webinars to instruct a wider group of law enforcement and judiciary